• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro freezing - also 2 versions loaded, should I delete one?

Advisor ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is frequently freezing or unresponsive - any idea how to fix?  I noticed I have 2 versions loaded in my Creative Cloud Desktop - 14.9 and 15.0.  Should I delete one?   Does this have anything to do with my issues?  I am not having problems in Photoshop or Lightroom or any other software.  

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Advisor , Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

I thnk this issue may have been unrelated to Adobe, after all.  I got on the phone with Dell and they did some cleanup and now Premiere (and other apps I had started having problems with) is working okay.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

You shouldn't have any issues with mulitple versions installed. I've got a new machine, so only a few versions ... I've got 2019, 2020, 2021, and public beta 2021.

My old machine had one of each "vintage" from the 2014 on through 2020. And they all worked fine.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thnk this issue may have been unrelated to Adobe, after all.  I got on the phone with Dell and they did some cleanup and now Premiere (and other apps I had started having problems with) is working okay.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't have any issues with mulitple versions installed. I've got a new machine, so only a few versions ... I've got 2019, 2020, 2021, and public beta 2021.

My old machine had one of each "vintage" from the 2014 on through 2020. And they all worked fine.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  However - after continuing with problems in Premiere - freezing, not launching, not exporting - Dell suggested deleting the older version of the software - and I was able to export and have had no further issues.  That said, I was also having issues with Windows programs - like the Photos app and accesssing the Start menu - so I'm really not sure what was going on.  But it's good to know that different versions shouldn't pose a problem (that's been my experience with Photoshop) and also good to have the problem solved, whatever it was!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines