Highlighted

Premiere Pro Freezing on import

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

broken premiere.pngHey all,

Been having some issues over the past week as my Premiere Pro 2020 keeps completely freezing up when I import files. By freezing up I mean that the program is sort of 'working', I can preview my video, but the actual HUD is frozen which makes it impossible to import files, use the timeline, add effects, etc.

I had this problem with one of my projects about a week ago and I updated to the new version of Premiere which was overdue for a while, even with the update and resetting my preferences today I'm having these problems. 

If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated as it's really hindering my ability to complete apprenticeship criteria. Attached is a screenshot of what happens when I reopen Premiere after my project freezes. 

Topics

Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro Freezing on import

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

broken premiere.pngHey all,

Been having some issues over the past week as my Premiere Pro 2020 keeps completely freezing up when I import files. By freezing up I mean that the program is sort of 'working', I can preview my video, but the actual HUD is frozen which makes it impossible to import files, use the timeline, add effects, etc.

I had this problem with one of my projects about a week ago and I updated to the new version of Premiere which was overdue for a while, even with the update and resetting my preferences today I'm having these problems. 

If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated as it's really hindering my ability to complete apprenticeship criteria. Attached is a screenshot of what happens when I reopen Premiere after my project freezes. 

Topics

Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Please do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.
Video's can be posted on e.g. Youtube.
Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused.  I look at the screenshot and don't know what the issue is.  And what does HUD stand for

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hud..  Nothing obvious on wikipedia...

Tell us what your source properties are and your sequence settings...  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I used the phrase HUD to describe the interface that you use to work premiere pro. The problem is that the interactivity of the buttons you need to use to add effects, move the timeline, crop clips, etc. don't work, it's completely frozen as it looks in the screenshot.

Sequence was standard 1920x1080, don't know what you mean by source properties but its not an issue specific to this one project. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interface looks odd: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

And please fix the screenshot as requested. (we help you, you help us).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pic is done. I reset all my preferences prior to this issue appearing again, would it be good to do it again?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would not hurt to do it again.

Also make sure your grpahics card driver is up to date.

Please post computer specs and OS build.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia GTX 1080
Windows 10 OS 64 bit
16GB RAM 
Intel i5-8600 @ 3.10GHz
120GB SSD for OS, 2TB HDD for storage + programs, 500GB SSD for key programs (Creative cloud, Office, etc.)
PC build is almost 2 years old but SSD was upgraded recently. I am currently updating my drivers and will try Premiere again when complete.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines