• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro H264 and H265 export slow and poor quality

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking through these forums, it seems I'm not the only one having these problems, but wondered if anyone has managed to solve this?

I find PP export to H264 or H265 very slow and the resultant file is poor quality relative to bitrate. A 10 minute 4K video takes about 10-12 mins to encode.

• I have decent hardware - i7 G9 3.0GHz 8 core, 48GB, NVMe & RTX2060, W10
  • It's not specific to one project, all are the same
  • I've tried the same stuff on a Mac Pro and it does the same (only slower)
  • 20% of the time PP just crashes altogether partway through the encode
  • I've tried HW and SW encoding
  • I've tried CUDA acceleration enabled and disabled

I've now given up using PP for this and I export the project to MPEG2, as this seems faster, more reliable and is pretty much lossless, and I then transcode the resultant MPEG2 file to H264 or H265 using FFMPEG. FFMPEG yields smaller files of vastly superior (I mean clearly visibly superior) quality on lower bitrates, it uses only half the CPU and GPU resources of PP, 1/20th of the RAM and it does the job in 2 mins instead of 10.

I find it hard to believe that a professional product could be so poor compared to an open source product so I'm convinced there must be something wrong with how I'm using it or something else, but the fact that lots of others seem to have similar issues is a bit worrying.

Anyone got any advice?

TOPICS
Crash , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @default490xatj0mwek ,

Sorry for the issue. Have you tried the latest Premiere build or the latest beta build?
Please let us know how it goes in the latest builds. 

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines