• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro hanging up on 'Locating Media' when opening project file

Participant ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even open a project file because it is hanging up on 'Locating Media.' I don't want to whine and complain but I spend more time troubleshooting then working on my projects. I am using a ryzen 5900x with a RTX3070 and Premiere Pro works fine when I can get it open.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is all your media on local drives?  if not, that may be the source of your problem.  working with media over a network or on the cloud can be problematic and should probably be avoided unless you're working with a solution designed for this workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are all on local drives. Is there somewhere I can learn more about adobe dynamic linking and how to troubleshoot dynamic linking between the adobe products/apps? I feel I am spending an inordinate amount of time not able to work on my projects or trying to figure out why dynamic linking sometimes works and sometimes doesnt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_HALp7avVM

Its been almost ten years since Adobe introduced dynamic linking and it is still unusable today. I thought I was going insane until I saw that VideoRevealed released this video today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines