• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro has started to freeze during export in the last week or so

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Pro for just under a year and my PC is just under a year old. I've been exporting videos with no problems. (A couple of weeks I exported a 37m long video in H.264 YouTube full HD in about 18 minutes) and now Pro just keeps freezing during export. I'm using the exact same settings I always do. CUDA is on

Windows is up to date, NVidia driver is up to date. No other changes have been made to my PC. I'm using very similar footage to previous videos and I'm not using any different graphics in Pro. Now, when I export videos, it will start nice and fast and then just freeze. 

I've been creating videos and exporting them with no problem for just under a year. As I mention, the biggets video was 37 minutes long (4.5gb_ @ 1080p) and it took 18 minutes. Now Pro freezes when I try and export 2 minutes of video. I've also tried exporting older projects and the same thing happens. 

PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6 core

GTX 1050i

16gb RAM

Untitled.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Yeah, I installed the previous driver (studio 460) instead of the latest Game Ready Driver and it worked again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens to me, I'm desperate. Neither premiere or encoder work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll also add: Every other aspect of my PC is running perfectly fine and I can use PRO to edit as normal and playback in "Full" mode with graphics etc and zero glitchs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved it by removing all traces of software and drivers from nvidia. ******

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I installed the previous driver (studio 460) instead of the latest Game Ready Driver and it worked again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this did not work for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The new driver was released on 7th so if you had problems before this then it could be something else. If it is the driver issue though, just double check Nvidia hasn't automatically updated the driver to the new one again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, just installed the last Studio driver and got rid of the new GD
released the other week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines