Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro hotkeys not working

New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been trying to fix this problem now for 4 hours...

No hotkeys are working in my premiere pro (version 15.2). I can't copy and paste and no quicksaving using ctrl + s. (no hotkeys are working)

I tried reinstalling, deleting my preferences, resetting the workspace (single monitor setup), cleaning the cache, etc. I basically went through the first two pages on google and no solution worked for me.

If you tell me what you need I can give you more information.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default keyboard shortcuts are located here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2024\Keyboard Shortcuts\en

Paste the below into File Explorer and it will take you to the Preferences folder

%UserName%\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\24.0

Inside the folder above will be your profile folder, open that, and then "Win"

Copy "Adobe Premiere Pro Defaults.kys" from the Program Files folder (above) into the Win folder.

You should also copy that file a second time and rename it something like MyerKeys.kys

Start PP and check the Keyboard shortcuts from the EDIT menu, select one of those two files if one is not already selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the current folders for 2024. Paste these links in File Explorer

* Keep updating the year in the below link

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2024\Keyboard Shortcuts\en

* Use this link in File Explorer then go into the highest numerical folder:  %UserProfile%\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure I understand what you mean by " ...then go into the highest numerical folder.."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where's the screen shot Lara? How many folders with numericals as folder names do you have? If only one, then that's it. I just have one right now, "23.0" as I've deleted the previous version files when having a secure backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

PP 23.10

Is there any reason my finder does not find the link?

When I go Manually, inside my profile folder ther is no "Win" folder...

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dorlyn,

That is the path for Windows. You're on Mac.... Does someone have a suggestion?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you Stan...Anyone on Mac?....

Desparate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path is essentially the same - in Application folder right click or option click on the Premiere App icon and choose "show package contents" - after that it is the same except the destination folder is called Mac instead of Win.  Unfortunately this solution did not work for me though - all of the keyboard shortcut sets are completely empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK - I just got this to work by putting the .kys file in the Profile-CreativeCloud folder instead, duplicating the Adobe Premiere Pro Defaults.kys file and renaming the copy. When I relaunched Premier the copy was finally in the list and when I chose it the shortcuts appeared - not just on that set but all the others are now there too as they should have been from the beginning - how odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines