• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Ingest and Media Encoder keeps "not responding"

Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am running Premiere Pro CC 2018 12.1.1 and Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018 12.1.1.12 on a macOS Sierra 10.12.6 with a MacPro 5,1 dual 6 core 3.06 GHZ with 32 GB of RAM and and a GTX 97- 4096 MB mac flashed. I am running the latest CUDA 387.178 with NVIDIA Web Driver 378.06.25f03 and am using CUDA renderer. I am using UHD 29.97 footage from a Canon C300 in MXF format and converting it to ProRES on Ingest from Media Browser.

I am importing the footage from within Media Browser in premiere and it sends the footage to Media Encoder to convert it. The problem I am having is that Media Encoder keeps freezing and giving me the app "not responding" message. And if you force quit media encoder all the encodes are gone, and I have to delete the footage I imported and re-import all the footage into premiere to get the ingest going again. This is super frustrating. At least if I bring clips into media encoder myself and I have to force quit it, when I come back all the encodes are still in Media Encoder (sure some may have all compressed but that is an easy fix, just delete the encodes that already happened), it seems that Ingest can't deal with any component breaking down, and it keeps breaking down for me.

It seems that the ingest only works if everything is working correctly, and it has not been working right, so as soon as you force media encoder to quit the Ingest is finished.

Honestly there should be a way to restart the conversions from within Premiere (not just creating proxys, but an actual ingest conversion). And it would be great if the ingest survived crashes, by leaving all the conversions within media encoder even after a crash so you could continue it later if something fails.

I know I can just do the conversion straight in Media Encoder (which I am doing now, but still getting not responding, but at least I can force quit and the conversions are still there and I can just delete the completed ones), but I was hoping to do the Ingest Process, but it does not seem to be working at all well for me.

And yes I know that Premiere can play back the MXF footage, but I have much better playback of the 4K footage once it is converted to ProRES.

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonah_Lee,

What is the format of your source files? Are they QuickTime wrapped? Do they ingest OK in previous versions of the application? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been editing fine.  Then I'm forced to go with an 'upgrade'. This must include the Media Encoder app.  I am 'Not Responding' every time I attempt to import video.  Takes forever ... then crashes. White screen. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation with me.

When Ingesting ME eventually freezes after a few minutes, then PP is frozen. Even when I do it manually ME freezes. Takes me 16hrs to make proxies manually for a project as I have to continually force-quit ME and start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two years later - I have the same problem. So frustrating. Please, can anyone help? The ME freezes when starting to make proxies. After a while PP freeze to, and I cant work with my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines