• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro instantly crashing when opening project

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 2021 Opens Perfectly fine, but when i try to open a Project or New Project My Premiere Pro Instantly Crashes and i dont know how to fix it, ive tried, reinstalling, restarting pc and nothing is working, if someone could help me ill gladly appeciate it 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Hi Branden!

Sorry for the crash. Would you mind sharing more information? 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Branden!

Sorry for the crash. Would you mind sharing more information? 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reseting My Perferences Fixed My Problem, Thank You Very Much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi resetting the preferences in Premiere Pro 15.4 did not fix this issue with my system. I have 2 systems:

1. Rzyen 5 - 3500x with Radeon 5600xt gpu, 16 gig RAM - I cannot open another project when I have one already open as the program becomes unresponsive. I then alt+cntrol+delete to end process.

2. Alienware M15 laptop with i7 cpu and NVidia 1660ti - this has no problems opening new projects.

My Ryzen system has all the updates for windows, GPU and Adobe. So is this a Ryzen issue?

Thanks

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addition to my initial posting - the problem occurs when you open a project that has video already in the timeline. If you begin with an empty project, then open another project with video in the timeline.

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update #2 - The problem is narrowed to the use of ProRes422_4K_59.94FPS files. I downloaded the Prores 4222 RAW for windows 1.3 and although this improved playback in the timeline I could not open another project when I imported the ProRes422_4K_59.94FPS file and 'new sequence from clip'.

Without this file I could open a second project...So there seems to be an incompatibility with premiere and ProRes422_4K_59.94FPS files.

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey I'm experiencing the exact same issue and whatever you did sounds like its getting you closer to having it fixed although i dont understand the technical stuff your saying. could you re-explain as if i was an 8 year old?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines