Highlighted

Premiere Pro Intel Video Driver Not Supported

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

coltins29214000_0-1605410745738.png

As you can see above, after updating to Premiere 2021 I started getting this error message telling me that my video driver is not supported. The link I click on to "Fix" it, just takes me to an adobe site where I can download the driver. So I download it and try to run the driver installer only for it to tell me that my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the driver.

I find this very hard to believe considering I have a decently high-end PC. There's no way Adobe is saying my computer just can't run Premiere anymore just because of a yearly update? Esspecially when, as I said ealier that my PC is pretty high-end, so would that mean MOST people can't run the driver needed for Premiere? That is absolutely absurd.

I'm also confused as to why it's complaining about my Intel video driver when I don't even use that for premiere. It should be using my GTX 1070 as the default graphics card which is more than enough for premiere's needs.

If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro Intel Video Driver Not Supported

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

coltins29214000_0-1605410745738.png

As you can see above, after updating to Premiere 2021 I started getting this error message telling me that my video driver is not supported. The link I click on to "Fix" it, just takes me to an adobe site where I can download the driver. So I download it and try to run the driver installer only for it to tell me that my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the driver.

I find this very hard to believe considering I have a decently high-end PC. There's no way Adobe is saying my computer just can't run Premiere anymore just because of a yearly update? Esspecially when, as I said ealier that my PC is pretty high-end, so would that mean MOST people can't run the driver needed for Premiere? That is absolutely absurd.

I'm also confused as to why it's complaining about my Intel video driver when I don't even use that for premiere. It should be using my GTX 1070 as the default graphics card which is more than enough for premiere's needs.

If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been issues reported with computers with 2 graphics cards installed.  do some googling and hopefully you'll find out how to disable the intel card...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what? Your Intel CPU is now no longer supported in any currently available version of Premiere Pro. You see, Intel had discontinued making feature and compatibility fixes for all of its 4th- and 5th-Generation Core CPUs in 2016. Every single driver that had been released since then were merely security patches to a driver whose compatibility level had been permanently locked to 2016 levels.

The only fix for this would be to permanently disable the Intel iGPU in the BIOS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any risk associated with disabling the Intel GPU? Is it okay for me to just continue using Premiere as is and just not worry about it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure you can disable it in the bios and see how it works and if
you have issues, enable it again. If I remember correctly, you access
bios settings before the os is loaded...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose another option would be reverting back to an older version of Premiere, right? If it's not too much trouble could you tell me what the newest version of Premiere is that wouldn't have this issue? I don't seem to recall seeing this with the 2020 version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0