Highlighted

Premiere Pro Interface Color? Light Mode UI interest gauge

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calling all video editors!

What do you think about the Premiere Pro interface color? Is the scheme sleek and professional or do you wish it was lighter? Is it easy on your eyes during those long edit sessions? Do you wish it came in pink? 

Upvote this request in UserVoice for more options!

Light Mode UI – Adobe video & audio apps

Here's more info on our current customizability: Use and customize workspaces in Premiere Pro

Let me know more in the comments!

-Caroline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro Interface Color? Light Mode UI interest gauge

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calling all video editors!

What do you think about the Premiere Pro interface color? Is the scheme sleek and professional or do you wish it was lighter? Is it easy on your eyes during those long edit sessions? Do you wish it came in pink? 

Upvote this request in UserVoice for more options!

Light Mode UI – Adobe video & audio apps

Here's more info on our current customizability: Use and customize workspaces in Premiere Pro

Let me know more in the comments!

-Caroline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 26, 2019 3
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Light mode is just fine: change the blue back to yellow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2019 1
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the current GUI.  I prefer the blue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 27, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am baffled why it is not possible to change the color scheme.   Not very friendly to older eyes who may need more contrast.  Light gray on dark gray gives me a headache and encourages me to quit editing.   Is there a way to change that?  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2019 6
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt!

This is exactly the kind of feedback we're looking for, thank you! I'm so sorry to hear the color scheme has been discouraging. You can lighten the panels by going to Premiere > Preferences > Appearance and using the sliders to adjust the colors.

Hope that's helpful! I'll communicate your experience to our design team.

Caroline

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caroline, I have my slider maxed to the lighter side and it is still VERY dark. I watched a couple videos, and when they slide it to "light" it turns the background to white. Why wont mine do that? This is all I am looking for. I simply cannot see my screen because the color scheme "dark gray" is toooooo dark.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2019 4
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When watching tutorials pay attention to the build/version they using in the tutorial. Might not be the same.

Things change over time very rapidly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2019 0
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my UI on  a proper video sRGB/Rec.709/gamma-2.4/100 nits screen, calibrated and profiled to check that calibration. Spot on. This is at the brightness and other appearance settings I work with.

This is with everything maxed out ...

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for asking our input, and hopefully I didn't find this thread too late to help!

Options for lightness/darkness are nice, but the problem I have with it is the extremely low contrast. I'll have to echo Matt Dwyer's sentiments.

The optional sliders in Appearance don't matter at all as far as this is concerned, as they don't change the text/ground contrast, which has a contrast ratio of something like 4.55:1 on all but a few focused text elements.

Reading the interface gives me eyestrain after using it for a few hours, and I need to use Premiere specifically for a lot of my work, so there's essentially no way around this painful eyestrain other than frequent breaks. "Discouraging" is putting it very lightly indeed. This is an accessibility/usability issue and not one of color preference.

I think the ideal solution would be a "high contrast" mode which increases the interface text's lightness relative to the background (not necessarily the absolute lightness, which doesn't matter as much).

Hope this helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2019 2
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can premiere pro come up with a " dark mode" options where the interface is even darker?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere should have the same choices as Ps has.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 3