Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Interface issue

New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm having a huge issue with premiere pro at the moment, I'm at the end of my straw with it and before I go and spend over £2,000 on a new editing rig I need to know if there is anything more I can do.

So the attached image shows what is happening to every single one of my projects, the interface sometimes shows up and works a little and it mostly doesn't. When it works enough for me to be able to see my footage and cut something together I have to guess where the footage will align because snap doesn't work and it will not show me where the footage is, selected clips on the timeline vanish when I click and drag them and once I release the mouse it reappears. When I grade anything the image changes but all values remain at 0 until I click the cross as if I'm closing the program and then hit cancel when prompted to save and only then am I able to see the changes take place on my interface.

I am not a hobbyist, this is my full-time job - currently, I've had a client wait three days for an edit that should have taken half a day tops and other work is now piling up. I have the weekend to fix this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. I have also reinstalled creative cloud in general to different drives. I have checked all drives and run full diagnostics and even purchased more RAM and a new SSD. 

PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

32Gb RAM

Windows 10

Prem Problem.PNG

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Hi I have the same issue, but i have just upgrade the GPU from a AMD 5700 to a 3090. Premiere pro, really didn;t like it, spent two days uninstalling all software and using AMD driver clean up, switching drivers on the new card from gaming to stuido and had no joy.

I have now replaced 15.2 with 14.1 and it works fine, its quick and stable. Maybe try downgrading to older (last years). Just make sure you convert any current projects to XML as had issues trying to open saved 15.2 files on the 14.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have the same issue, but i have just upgrade the GPU from a AMD 5700 to a 3090. Premiere pro, really didn;t like it, spent two days uninstalling all software and using AMD driver clean up, switching drivers on the new card from gaming to stuido and had no joy.

I have now replaced 15.2 with 14.1 and it works fine, its quick and stable. Maybe try downgrading to older (last years). Just make sure you convert any current projects to XML as had issues trying to open saved 15.2 files on the 14.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you've just saved me £2500.00 haha, I rolled it back to 14.8, it's working perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines