Highlighted

Premiere Pro lag!

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
im sure there is many threads about premiere being slow. But i still wanted to share my problem and see if anyone can help...

I just bought a new computer especially for being able to work without problems in premiere... And now its almost as laggy as my old computer, some times it even feels worse...

The Specs are:
Amd Radeon RX 5700 XT 8176mb
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core
32gb Ram
1tb SSD ADATA SX6000PNP

Currently i have one 4k display and a hd display connected...
Im trying to work with 4k footage from a dji osmo pocket.

Playback is lagging and Premiere pro just seems to be slow in generell...

I tried pretty much every tip i found how to improve the lag... i mean, how can it lag so bad with 1/8 quality...

I thought my new computer would be totally enough..
Really hoping for some advice that solves my problem...

Thanks

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro lag!

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
im sure there is many threads about premiere being slow. But i still wanted to share my problem and see if anyone can help...

I just bought a new computer especially for being able to work without problems in premiere... And now its almost as laggy as my old computer, some times it even feels worse...

The Specs are:
Amd Radeon RX 5700 XT 8176mb
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core
32gb Ram
1tb SSD ADATA SX6000PNP

Currently i have one 4k display and a hd display connected...
Im trying to work with 4k footage from a dji osmo pocket.

Playback is lagging and Premiere pro just seems to be slow in generell...

I tried pretty much every tip i found how to improve the lag... i mean, how can it lag so bad with 1/8 quality...

I thought my new computer would be totally enough..
Really hoping for some advice that solves my problem...

Thanks

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4K footage is a beast especially when compressed in h.264 or h.265. Hardware decoing is not (yet?) supported on AMD. Only Intel Quick Sync. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/gpu-acceleration-and-hardware-encoding.html#Hardwareaccele...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0