• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro lagging after trimming

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app itself is lagging not just the playback. It still drops frames but mainly is the app thats lagging. My pc is i7 10700, 32 hyper x 3000 mhz and rtx 3070. everywhere ive searches its been about the playback but not the app. 

I work with 2 to 4 hour long videos (which are fine) but after i get into trimming it starts the lagging.

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. What kind of drives are you working off of? HDD or SSD? Internal or external (USB)? Do you have your footage stored on a separate disk from your OS? Do you have a separate media cache drive?
  2. What kind of footage? What size and codec? This is the biggest factor here; not all footage is created equal and some codecs are far worse for performance than others. 

The fact that you were already dropping frames points to a slow disk in your mix, or at least one that can't handle the footage that's on it. CPU clock speed or GPU power won't matter if your drives are too slow.

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines