• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro lagging when importing any files

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import any files in premiere pro it lags so much.

When Im editing only a single file it works well but as soon as I import an image, audio file or another mp4 file inside the project the application starts dying and becomes clunky and I can't really edit anymore.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it but same issue when importing any second file inside the project and this starts to really piss the sh*t out of me.

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi man! I had same problem like you. I fixed it by reseting my workspace to saved layout. I hope this will fix your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you view the clips in list view does it help?  also does your source viewer have a lot of clips loaded if so close them all. same for your program monitor. Its a pain in the ass but im getting to the stage where i put my clips onto the timeline and close all other bins and tabs etc so i only have the timeline and the program monitor open and i edit away no bother all flys along as soon as i start opening bins etc it all slows down unless i have my bins in list view and even then its not that fast. Not great but you might be able to get some work done. Ive asked this question loads of time i get the usual delete the cache reinstall and its still the same. see if any of this helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about that. Can you share your system details (OS, CPU, RAM, GPU)? Try resetting preferences and deleting cache files.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines