• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Lagging

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a few days ago, my Premiere Pro 2020's playback has been super laggy. I have a beast of a PC and I've not really had this issue until now.

Basically, the video constantly stutters / buffers when clicking play. I've tried so many things to try fix it. Different quality options, different media files, different sequence settings, swapping between CPU and GPU rendering, uninstall premiere pro, deleting all premiere pro files, changing harddrives.

I just don't know what to do anymore. Anyone else having issues since the last update or know any fixes?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forgive the snark, but the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet this morning.  You're saying you have a beast of a pc and the reality of your system are not necessarily the same thing.  If we're going to be able to diagnose the problem, we need specifics and answered in a systematic fashion...

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and your sequence settings.  If your system was working before the latest update, I'd suggest you revert to the previous version.  Premiere allows you to have multiple versions on your system.  

Also, hardware can fail.  All hard drives (including SSD's) will eventually fail.  It's a question of when not if.  You also need to make sure you have sufficient free space on your drives.  My understanding is 20% on your boot drive and 10% on your media drives...  and the more data you have on your drives, the slower they will work...  and people report issues with the audio hardware setting.  Try changing the input to none...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your response. First off, I didn't list my PC specs initially because I didn't think it would be necessary as my specs shouldn't be an issue considering it was fine before the update. Either way, here are my specs:

GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForece RTX 2080 Ti

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master

Ram: G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200mhz (4x8GB)

NVME: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB (The drive Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 are installed on)

SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB (The drive I am editing off of)

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda Pro 4TB x 2

Microsoft Windows 10 Home version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Premiere Pro 2020 version: Sequence Settings: 14.6.0

Sequence Settings:

https://gyazo.com/6a37633140828a61ab6d4df075ae808d

I've tried on all my harddrives and not got any issues on any other programs so I doubt it's a harddrive failure. Also, all my drives have at least 25% space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert to the previous version til the problem is sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have and the exact same issue kept happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exact same problems here! Never felt any lags or stutter before the update. Can't find any related in the web...

BTW - almost exact same PC specs, the only difference is that I'm running in a RTX 2060..

Does someone find out a solution already? 

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines