• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro laggy and slow

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update, a 20 min timeline render for Apex Legends video went from taking less than 5 minutes to like over an hour. I can't even watch video in the preview window without it skipping and lagging. Rendering it fixes that, but rendering it takes way too long. And I can't install the version I was using anymore either. Never had an issue until now. There's no reason my computer can't handle it. I have 32 gigs of RAM in it as well. Anyone have any suggestions?

Matt Jaku
TOPICS
Editing , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First and foremost manually clear media cache - close Adobe PP/AE/ME, go to cache location and clean/delete folders: Media Cache, Media Cache Files, PTX, Peak Files.  If  not help - try to turn off Hardware accelerated Decoding in Preferences > Media... Remember to clear media cache each time you change this settings, also after any app/driver update as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This seems to have solved the problem. Thank you for the help!

Matt Jaku

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines