Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro makes my audio crash

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have the weirdest issue, every time I start playing the video I've been working on, my whole audio just stops. My YouTube, Discord, files on my computer, just everything stops working. YouTube even gives me this error that says I should restart my pc because of an issue with my audio playback. As soon as I press play on my video in Premiere, everything works again. But I can't have any audio playing at the same time as Premiere Pro, because then it happens again.

I have Premiere Pro version 2020 14.3.2

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

My specs were never the problem, after a long while I figured it out. It was an FL Studio file called Asio4all that installs with the FL Studio download. It made all my audio stop. Just find it via Programs and delete it. I hope this helps other people in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post complete computer specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASUSTek Computer Inc.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz  1.99 GHz

64-bits, x64-processor

I hope that is enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to look at the system requirements. Looks somewhat underpowered.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, I bought this laptop for my education and the requirements were more than enough, I have worked with a lot of the Adobe Creative Cloud programs for a few years now and use Premiere Pro often. Excuse me for saying, but I don't think that's the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is maybe some more proof, I'm sorry it's in Dutch, but you get the idea.

My laptop isn't underpowered, so that's not the problem

shem382974_0-1598982907741.png

shem382974_1-1598982944152.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but Anne may have a point - the CPU is an older one, specifically for notebooks and it seems the GPU could well be utilizing shared RAM, and you also don't seem to have a separate physical HDD for media files - are all your media files going on the same HDD as the actual applications, or do you have one added?

Other areas that may bear looking at are your ASIO settings - do you have this set up to allow multiple apps to use the sound chip at the same time as Premiere, or is this set to allow apps to take exclusive control - this could be the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My specs were never the problem, after a long while I figured it out. It was an FL Studio file called Asio4all that installs with the FL Studio download. It made all my audio stop. Just find it via Programs and delete it. I hope this helps other people in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines