Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Maxes Out Ram When Opening/Saving Projects

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I working with projects in an Adobe Production and every time I try and Open or Save a project, my RAM usage shoots up to 100GB (on a 72GB system) and Premiere hangs. It eventually opens/saves, every time, but usually after about 10 minutes of waiting.

This is happening on three different machines with three different copies of the project. I even took all the media offline and just opened one of the projects, and the issue still occurs. 

We have gone through the usual troubleshooting steps already.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the usual troubleshooting steps already"

That's not really helpful. You'll have to say what. We'll have to start every suggestion with "You've probably tried this but..."

Create a new project and IMPORT the current project and see how that goes. It sounds like there is some corruption in that project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. Sorry. Frustration has set in. I guess I meant trashing the preferences and clearing the cache.

Ironically, that import project trick is something I usually try, and forgot to this time. The weird thing is it's MULTIPLE projects in the production.

I'll give it a go tomorrow and report back. Thank you for your candor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After tons of testing, I discovered there are instances of clips with hundreds of copies of the same marker that I imagine weren't made by an editor. I deleted every marker on every clip, and the core issue goes away. The project saves without hanging or spiking the RAM.

However, when I close and re-open the saved project, the markers come back, and so does the problem!

I feel like I've got it to a place where an Adobe Engineer can take a look at it. Is there anyone available to take my case? Here's a video of the problem in action...

https://vimeo.com/500265292/06796fd3e8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines