• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro/Media encoder not using GPU despite hardware encoding being selected

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for the help in advance.

Basically as the title says, I have hardware encoding selected, VBR 1 Pass (using the YouTube 1080p Full HD preset)
I have a Ryzen 2700x and a GTX 1070 which supports NVENC encoding but whenever I try to render, it doesn't use my GPU. 

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure you have the latest driver for your graphics card.   And I think (but do not know which has never stopped me before) that not all effects can take advantage of hardware encoding.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have latest drivers, they're the NVIDIA game ready ones, maybe I should try with the studio ones? I've scoured the internet for answers, but all I've seen is a small number of other users with the same problem but no solution, users with more powerful cards like a rtx 2060.
Premire is up to date, I think Windows is too but I don't see how that would affect it. I really don't know why it doesn't work, some parts of my video have nothing but cuts and still, no GPU usage what so ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mg said, no all things use the GPU. There are some effects, Lumetri and Warp Stabilizer that do use it. Also, scaling down, say from UHD to HD, you'll see a nice bump, but otherwise, it uses when it can and needs it. Here's a shot of my taskmanager running hard creating 720p Cineform proxies from UHD.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines