• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro no longer supports Intel UHD 630 ?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting my final product - I would be using 40% CPU + 60% Intel GPU + 40% Nvidia GPU.

However after updating to the newest Premiere Pro 14.4 and realized that my Intel GPU was no longer being used during my final export - only my CPU and Nvidia GPU are being used (CPU pegged at 100% making my computer useless during exports)

So i reverted back to the older version 14.3.2 but the problem still exists. Why doesnt premiere pro utilize my intel iGPU ??

Every possible driver and bios is up to date on my pc:
I7-8700 w/ Intel UHD 630
MSI B360i itx
16GB ram
GTX 1080
Adata NVME SSD
Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.508

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the newer Intel drivers themselves. Intel now requires that only the integrated iGPU be used for both decoding and encoding. And because of this new driver behavior, you cannot have both QuickSync and NVENC for video processing simultaneously. In this case, with the newer drivers, disabling QuickSync encoding will also disable QuickSync decoding no matter what. And you will have to revert all the way back to version 14.1 (not 14.3.1) or earlier in order to utilize the iGPU with the discrete GPU.

So, with newer Intel graphics drivers and a discrete GPU of any kind installed, then the iGPU will be effectively disabled for all intents and purposes.

And the next major version of Premiere Pro is now planned to include NVDEC hardware decoding support, which will now effectively depreciate QuickSync entirely (by restricting its use to only those Intel-powered PCs with only integrated graphics and no discrete GPU at all). And Intel did this because it has not updated its iGPU meaningfully in the past five years (hardware- and feature-wise).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting - pardon my ignorance, you mentioned its the newer Intel drivers. So can i get around this by reverting to an older igpu driver? 

Reverting back to on older version of premiere would enable quicksync for me but not an older igpu driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either or both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

rolled back to 14.1 - still didnt support my intel igpu, and it made my renders 10 minutes longer lol. then tried rolling back intel driver but no luck there either.
ill have to keep trying different combination or premiere version with intel drivers but i think its a lost cause

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines