• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro not compatible with new iMac Pro

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new iMac Pro (specs below), and I started editing a very simple, very low-stress project on Premiere Pro 2020 (literally just a single track of h.264 1080p footage and no audio). It is almost impossible to edit because the playback keeps lagging and and freezing. I thought it was simply going to be an easy settings change that I needed to do, so I looked it up. Apparently, this issue has been happening to numerous people with new iMacs where their Premiere doesn't run as smoothly as with the older computer. I bought this computer because it was supposed to be the best Apple configuration for editing, and it can't even run a simple project. These articles (linked below) came to some conclusions that Adobe has become less compatible with the higher quality iMacs. I attempted to do all of the "woprkarounds" that adobe has suggested in those previous articles, and nothing helps. My projects run faster in my 2017 Macbook Pro (specs below) than it does with the new computer. Does anyone know what might be causing this? If not, does anyone know if I should return my new computer before it's too late to do so? Thanks in advance. 

iMac Pro Specs:

- 27in iMac Pro

- Processor - 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W

- Memory - 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

- Graphics - Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB

Article Linkes:

Terrible performance on 2020 iMac 5K https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/terrible-performance-on-2020-imac-5k/td-p/11593322?page=...

- iMac Pro slow performance https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-hardware/imac-pro-slow-performance/td-p/9701618?page=1

MacBook Pro Specs:

- 15in Macbook Pro (2017)

- Processor - 2.9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

- Memory - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

- Graphics - Radeon Pro 560 4 GB Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Parker,
I've seen a few cases like this over the past few days. Sorry for this. My MacBook Pro is cutting through footage without issue as it is just like yours. Which camera did the footage come from? Have any samples you can upload to Creative Cloud I can check out?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin! I sent you a direct message so we can discuss this problem further. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. I had troubles with a new M1 Macbook Pro 2021, 16gig ram, Monterey . . . it took several days on support with Adobe Support in December to make the computer work without glitching - and I've edited several 5 camera, +2 3 audio track, 2-hour films since. So I purchased a new M1 Macbook Pro with even more ram - 64 gig, 

Apple M1 Max with 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine
64GB unified memory
96W USB-C Power Adapter
1TB SSD storage

I gave it a test drive with the same 5 camera + 2 Audo 2 hour multicam, and it couldn't do it. I lost a full weekend of work and had to pass the project onto someone else. Support never worked the kinds out for me. They kept trying. .  . hours and hours and hours . .  the project was already a day late when i handed it over to an outside editor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines