• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro not taking full potential of my SSHD

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! my laptop has an SSHD that can go 128MB/sec, but, my Premiere Pro is just taking 2MB/sec.

And when lag it takes 5MB/sec. This makes my editing experience super bad! And makes editing longer!

Thank You

MadCatt

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's a lot beyond disk read speed that goes into how media plays in premiere and without more info there's no way we can even guess what's going on.  Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  And just because a drive has an advertised read speed, doesn't mean it actually will work that well.  You might find a drive speed utility and see what the read and write speed for the drive actually are.  I have something on my system called AJA System Test Lite.  You might google and see if it's still available.  AJA's a reputable company...  and I think it was free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ASUS TUF FX504GM

Windows 10 Home

10.0.19042 Build 19042

Intel® Core™ i5-8300H

8GB RAM

1TB SSHD+128G PCIE

GTX 1060

Adobe Premiere Pro 2021

Another SSD's Storage is almost full. so i use my 1TB SSHD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still a spinning drive I believe. Probably not fast enough for PP, typically nowadays we are using all non-spinning drives for PP and only use the spinners for storage and backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use both ssds and spinning drives and for most 1080 projects, the spinning drives are fine.  For heavy lifting, I use a proxy workflow.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines