Highlighted

Premiere Pro not using GPU for hardware acceleration

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I'm running into a really weird issue and I don't know how to resolve it!

Premiere Pro CC 2020 has suddenly become slow. In EVERY aspect. Notably, my biggest issue is playback and rendering.

Premiere can't handle playback when I have Lumetri Color on. When it's off, it plays fine. I can even playback my footage in FULL resolution with no problem but when I turn on Lumetri Color, I can't even play it back at 1/4 resolution as the footage becomes incredbly choppy. I've read that Lumetri Color can often be very intensive and makes this issue but my computer can handle it and it worked FINE the past few months (this is a brand new PC). I'm just editing with my Adjustment Layer with Lumetri Color turned off and then I turn it on before exporting; which is my next issue.

A few months back Adobe rolled out an update that made export rendering INCREDIBLY fast. It's this specific update I'm referring to: https://youtu.be/dxnQQWUDQBo

I have been editing 20 minute long videos, using settings at 5.1, Hardware Encoding and CBR at 100 and those videos would come out to be like 15-20GB and my PC would export them in like 3~5min blazing fast.

For the past few videos there's been an issue where it won't do that. The 5.1 quality takes now 2 hours to export, so I tried switching it to 4.1, CBR at 69 and the video size goes from 15~20GB oto like 5~7GB. This is FIFTY minutes. (also using CUDA for export) 

I have no idea what happened. I did not change anything, I merely took a week off work and I come back and suddenly things aren't working anymore. I've done a clean re-install and no dice. I've also updated Premiere as well.

Here are my specs

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 24-Core Processor 3.79 GHz

32GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER

I'm exporting right now in 4.1 and here is my performance usage

CPU 8%

Memory 13.3/31.9GB (42%)

GPU 4%

Learn how to export your videos 4X faster using GPU hardware encoding in Premiere Pro CC! This technique works with Nvidia & AMD graphics cards on PC, but no...
TOPICS
Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro not using GPU for hardware acceleration

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I'm running into a really weird issue and I don't know how to resolve it!

Premiere Pro CC 2020 has suddenly become slow. In EVERY aspect. Notably, my biggest issue is playback and rendering.

Premiere can't handle playback when I have Lumetri Color on. When it's off, it plays fine. I can even playback my footage in FULL resolution with no problem but when I turn on Lumetri Color, I can't even play it back at 1/4 resolution as the footage becomes incredbly choppy. I've read that Lumetri Color can often be very intensive and makes this issue but my computer can handle it and it worked FINE the past few months (this is a brand new PC). I'm just editing with my Adjustment Layer with Lumetri Color turned off and then I turn it on before exporting; which is my next issue.

A few months back Adobe rolled out an update that made export rendering INCREDIBLY fast. It's this specific update I'm referring to: https://youtu.be/dxnQQWUDQBo

I have been editing 20 minute long videos, using settings at 5.1, Hardware Encoding and CBR at 100 and those videos would come out to be like 15-20GB and my PC would export them in like 3~5min blazing fast.

For the past few videos there's been an issue where it won't do that. The 5.1 quality takes now 2 hours to export, so I tried switching it to 4.1, CBR at 69 and the video size goes from 15~20GB oto like 5~7GB. This is FIFTY minutes. (also using CUDA for export) 

I have no idea what happened. I did not change anything, I merely took a week off work and I come back and suddenly things aren't working anymore. I've done a clean re-install and no dice. I've also updated Premiere as well.

Here are my specs

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 24-Core Processor 3.79 GHz

32GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER

I'm exporting right now in 4.1 and here is my performance usage

CPU 8%

Memory 13.3/31.9GB (42%)

GPU 4%

Learn how to export your videos 4X faster using GPU hardware encoding in Premiere Pro CC! This technique works with Nvidia & AMD graphics cards on PC, but no...
TOPICS
Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sucks. I have the RTX 2060 Max-Q (6GB VRAM) and a Ryzen 9 4900HS CPU (16GB RAM) and it won't play anything smoothly in any version of Premiere I try or Nividia driver that has been recommended. Not slow that I know if, but simply unplayable, garbled audio and stuttering video. Maybe if I had your level of RAM it would at least play slow for me...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0