Highlighted

Premiere Pro not using neither my CPU nor the GPU

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! Hope you can help me on this. The screenshot is from a 10 minute video export without effects or anything at 1080p 60fps (half an hour render time). Playback doesn't use the cpu either and it's VERY choppy and the export came out choppy as well. The same happens when I export via Media Encoder (even with CUDA activated). I installed Resolve and it uses the PC's full potential, either in the playback and in the export. I changed my power plan from AMD Balanced to High Performance and it worked fine for 2 minutes and then the choppy playback and the low CPU usage came back again. On a side note, Photoshop runs really bad as well, freezing constantly when I zoom in or change tools. I'm new to the forum so if you need any more info please let me know. Again, I hope you can help me, thanks. 

aa.jpg

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

Installed RAM: 32.00 GB @ 3200 MHz (26 GB assigned to Adobe programs)

C Drive: 500 GB NVMe (Free: 296 GB)

D Drive: 953 GB NVMe (Free: 361 GB)

Display adapter type : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER (I tried both gaming and studio drivers)

Resolution: 2x 2560 x 1440 @ 144 Hz

Latest Windows 10 Pro update

Premiere Pro CC 14.5.0 (Build 51)

TOPICS
Export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro not using neither my CPU nor the GPU

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! Hope you can help me on this. The screenshot is from a 10 minute video export without effects or anything at 1080p 60fps (half an hour render time). Playback doesn't use the cpu either and it's VERY choppy and the export came out choppy as well. The same happens when I export via Media Encoder (even with CUDA activated). I installed Resolve and it uses the PC's full potential, either in the playback and in the export. I changed my power plan from AMD Balanced to High Performance and it worked fine for 2 minutes and then the choppy playback and the low CPU usage came back again. On a side note, Photoshop runs really bad as well, freezing constantly when I zoom in or change tools. I'm new to the forum so if you need any more info please let me know. Again, I hope you can help me, thanks. 

aa.jpg

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

Installed RAM: 32.00 GB @ 3200 MHz (26 GB assigned to Adobe programs)

C Drive: 500 GB NVMe (Free: 296 GB)

D Drive: 953 GB NVMe (Free: 361 GB)

Display adapter type : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER (I tried both gaming and studio drivers)

Resolution: 2x 2560 x 1440 @ 144 Hz

Latest Windows 10 Pro update

Premiere Pro CC 14.5.0 (Build 51)

TOPICS
Export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to reserve less RAM for Adobe to allow more RAM for the system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Lunik LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that, still the same 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0