Highlighted

Premiere Pro on 4GB RAM MAC???

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, so I'm thinking about purchasing Premiere Pro for my MacBook Air, which matches all the requirements except one:

IT ONLY HAS 4GB of RAM. And in the requirements it says 8GB.

I want to know if it will STILL WORK but may be just slower, or if it will NOT WORK AT ALL??

I don't care about slowness, as long as it actually runs.

What do you think?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Meg The Dog | Adobe Community Professional

I have no idea if being below the minimum requirements locks the program or not, but there is a free trial to allow you to test:

Software and services for creative professionals | Adobe Creative Cloud | What is Creative Cloud free membership?

Unless the installer does some kind of system assessment and won't download to an underpowered machine.

MtD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro on 4GB RAM MAC???

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, so I'm thinking about purchasing Premiere Pro for my MacBook Air, which matches all the requirements except one:

IT ONLY HAS 4GB of RAM. And in the requirements it says 8GB.

I want to know if it will STILL WORK but may be just slower, or if it will NOT WORK AT ALL??

I don't care about slowness, as long as it actually runs.

What do you think?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Meg The Dog | Adobe Community Professional

I have no idea if being below the minimum requirements locks the program or not, but there is a free trial to allow you to test:

Software and services for creative professionals | Adobe Creative Cloud | What is Creative Cloud free membership?

Unless the installer does some kind of system assessment and won't download to an underpowered machine.

MtD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 25, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software and services for creative professionals | Adobe Creative Cloud | What is Creative Cloud fre...

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2017 1
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! I have already downloaded and tested the free trail and it works perfectly.

Is that a good sign?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, on that computer you are forever going to be on your own with it - as if you have any trouble, I would think the first thing Adobe is going to point out  is that you are running the software on a machine below minimum specifications.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.Even though I use Windows.But this information helped me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0