• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro on iMac Pro continuously CRASHES

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new iMac Pro (32GB Memory, 16GB dedicated graphics) one month ago, yet my Premiere Pro application crashes about every 10 minutes. I could be searching through media files, previewing them on the source monitor, or editing footage (Canon 1080p 90-180mbps footage usually) in the timeline; it doesn't really matter, Premiere Pro will eventually crash.

About 2 weeks ago, I contacted Adobe Support. I shared my computer screen with a gentleman there for an hour and a half, but he couldn't figure out the problem. What he concluded with was that the engineering team is working to fix a problem related to searching in the media browser.

I was working on a Late 2015 iMac before upgrading, but then I started having the same issue with Premiere Pro crashing (which is part of why I upgraded to the iMac Pro, thinking it could be a computer processing issue). Now I can only assume it has something to do with High Sierra and Premiere Pro not agreeing.

It is very frustrating having purchased a $5000+ computer but not actually being able to reap the benefits of its processing power due to Adobe's failing application. To that I say....

Adobe,

I see many customers writing similar posts saying their application crashes randomly, so when will this issue be solved? Can you solve this issue faster than it will take me to learn Final Cut Pro? I have work to do and deadlines to meet; your program is limiting my workflow and productivity.

Sincerely,

A Frustrated Paying Customer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

The OP has not returned here in months, so we assume that her problem is solved. If Twert, or anyone else with an iMac Pro is experiencing crashes, please report the bug in the following location:https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Premiere Pro: Hot (3831 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Any other with the iMac Pro and stability? Create a new post.

We will now lock this thread.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is your media stored and connected to the iMac?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Thunderbolt 3 LaCie Dock and a USB 3.0 LaCie Rugged hard drive that contains most of my footage. When I was working with Adobe support, we tested Premiere Pro using footage directly on the computer's hard drive and it still crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to File > Project Settings > General, what is the Renderer set to?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a project started on your older iMac?

As a test, try switching it to Metal and see what happens.

If no improvement, again, as a test, switch it to Software Only and see what happens.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating new projects and working on them. I just tried using all three render engines and all three crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news..  I have the same iMac Pro and have all but been crippled by the crashing.  Luckily our agency is in a slow time for video projects..  It is a joke.  Shared my screen with Adobe too and nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep switching rendering engines to keep testing it, but it still crashes pretty consistently. It's extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything new?

I'll be another to voice the same problem. Nothing here or in other threads has helped...

We invested 6k in a new computer to avoid bottlenecks when editing... only to be completely shut down with deadlines approaching...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support also took over our computer and acknowledged the problem and they can't fix it until the next update...  but the work around for us right now is to never click into the Media Browser. As long as I import media first and work only out of the Project tab, Premiere has not locked up on me. Every time I click the Media Browser, I get the indefinite wheel of death. It is frustrating, but at least I am able to still get some work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this same issue but have been watching activity monitor as it crashes. I notice before crashing the energy usage graph pegs out and stays pegged for a while and then the computer freezes and forces me to do a hard restart. Yes, very frustrating. I wonder if its something about the GPU. I have just installed a better system monitoring app to see what I can see. Maybe a clue as to whats going on pre-crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....also, Tim Cook's office got involved in mine (yes, he or his people do respond and they do care.) I am working with Apples Engineering Department and volunteering my system for logging to help find a cure, Apple, Adobe or whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, Imac Pro doesnot work with the Premier Pro CC . i need help, solution ....... Adobe , now you must do your job, come on....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, so frustrating.   I just bought an iMac running High Sierra and I am getting the constant crashing to hard restart every time I launch.  My production company has taken a major hit due to this bug, missing deadlines and frustrating many customers.  Just got done screen share with Adobe customer service and they were not able to fix my problem "claiming the update theory".  I'm not seeing an end to this problem soon, they have been using the "update excuse" for the past 4 months.  Looking to switch entirely to a more reliable program from here on out.  I was an Adobe fan, not to sure anymore.  Best of luck everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, the only solution I'm aware of is to avoid the "Media Browser" tab. You have to import your footage from Finder (drag and drop). It's pretty annoying and has messed with my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that already. Unfortunetly still getting constant crashing to

the point where it's unworkable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that already.  Unfortunetly still getting constant crashing to the point where it's unworkable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Twert,

We have not hear back from you. Are you still experiencing these issues, or have they subsided with any updates of macOS?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Twert,

With every update of OS X, please try these steps: Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off screen sharring with Adobe support where they changed all the "Sharing and Permissions" to Read & Write.  However it did not fix my problem.  The program is still crashing on start up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, we are considering buying an iMac Pro to work with our CC Suite, but hear constant complaints about compatibility issues between OSX 10.13 and CC 12.1.

Can you confirm that these issues are solved with the permissions changes pointed out in your post?

If they are not, do you know if Adobe will fix those issues? CC is by far the most popular editing suite now, but Apple computers continue to be a guarantee of quality for most. Will Adobe and Apple come to terms in the near future? Adobe users need an clear answer to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - I find your support so lacking that FCPX is looking much better since it is stable.

My iMac Pro is a 2017, 2.3 Core, 18 cores, 128GB, Radeon ProVega 64, running 10.13.6.

So this is Apples' best (what does that say) and has all the latest updates. My first system crashed repeatedly for four months. Apple finally gave me a replacement in July. Guess what? Still crashes every time I render. Yes, I have read through all the above, no Media Browser. Going to Apple is useless since they point the finger at Adobe. Adobe support, points the finger at Apple.

So I'm stuck with a $10K boat anchor. Worst investment ever made. Thus, FCPX seems to the only recourse.

Everyone else, it isn't until Adobe feels it in their sales will they actually do something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue after upgrading to an iMac Pro. Been on the line with Adobe support twice with no fix. Read/write permissions fix does not work either.

This seems to be a more grievous issue with the introduction of CC2018. From its inception, morph cuts now take minutes instead of seconds to 'analyze in background' and crash more than ever.

Still hoping for a near-term fix for this. Morph cut is very useful for our business, and there are several old projects which we've incorporated morph cuts into that are now nearly impossible to work in because of the crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I asked @adobecare in Twitter the following question:

“I want to buy an iMac Pro, but have heard many complaints because CC Premiere 12.1 crashes or has glitches with OSX 10.13 Can you confirm whether the current incompatibility issues will be solved in the near future?”

They answered this:

“Hi, we have a new update for Premiere Pro (12.1.1) which fixed the launch/crash issue on MAC OS. There are no major known compatibility issues specific to this OS version.”

Have you tried updating Premiere to 12.1.1 in order to solve the compatibility issues mentioned in your comment? I would very much like to know whether that works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines