• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro only importing part of a video file

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had this issue with a video file before... I have a video that's ~54 minutes long. When I import it into Premiere, only ~20 minutes of the video comes through. I've included screenshots of the full video opened in Quicktime (just to see that it is, indeed, 54ish minutes) and then a screenshot of after it's been dragged into Premiere and cut off. Anyone know how to fix this?

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 1.30.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 1.30.23 PM.png

  

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. It wouldn't let me view it in tree view, but here is all the file info. Does this get you waht you need?

augustwake_0-1620412912718.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Media Browser open. Is that how you imported it into Premiere? (That would have been one of my suggestions.) 

It doesn't look like spanned media, which would come in chunks like that, and Media Browser is able to read the metadata and folder structure for those types of files to import them properly. In this case it might just read the metadata better.  

You might also try remuxing this file with something like Shutter Encoder just to see if that will help it to be read properly. 

Curious to see what others have to say about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey im having this issue now is there a fix that you have found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines