Highlighted

Premiere Pro only runs on my integrated graphics, will crash if on my dedicated graphics card

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like the title says Premiere Pro only runs on my integrated graphics, will crash if on my dedicated graphics card. I have tried running through admin, reinstallation, updating windows,updating NVIDIA Drivers etc.

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro only runs on my integrated graphics, will crash if on my dedicated graphics card

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like the title says Premiere Pro only runs on my integrated graphics, will crash if on my dedicated graphics card. I have tried running through admin, reinstallation, updating windows,updating NVIDIA Drivers etc.

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a difference between various computer ( and mobo)  configurations. I have a laptop that claims it has Nvidia graphics, but in reality is not a dedicated ( separate from onboard mobo stuff ) graphics card. 

Those things need to use the onboard chip to boot computer etc... and just use the laptop normally.

Then, when graphics programs that use CUDA etc., the signal and processing of stuff is designed to run through the graphic chip ( Nvidia chip ).

You can't disable the mobo chip via BIOS, cause you need it to boot the computer.

So, that's one scenario ... we got no idea what you really have.

With computers built specially for editing ( desktop stuff ) there is a real full size graphics card installed in some slot on mobo ( PCI, etc. ) and in THAT case, you can disable the mobo graphics chip in BIOS and the computer will boot using the graphics card. Then, everything you do will go through that card.

Nowadays, due to changes in tech stuff, there are many different settings to the DEDICATED graphics card ( metal, Cuda, OpenCL or whatever ).

So, you should say what you really have ( specs of computer )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your GPU? 2020 Premiere requires fairly new GPU units and drivers.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0