• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Paint Bucket effect not applying to whole sequence

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Premiere Pro and I am trying to create a character intro freeze frame effect.  I want to have a white outline to my character mask and have followed this tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox9KCU4MRXo with the Paint Bucket effect on a nested sequence.  Other tutorials use Radial Shadow, but i prefer paint bucket as it gives an even outline.

However, the paint bucket effect does not apply to the whole sequence timeline.  It seems to display on and off at various points in the sequences.  I cant find anything that is causing it and playing around with the tolerances or other settings affect why the effect appears and disappears.  I want the white outline on for the whole sequence duration

I have created a video capture to show what's happening - https://youtu.be/QD-VjuhSpEo 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go into the nested sequence and see if all images or effects are of the same length.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The effect is applied to the nested sequence rather than the track itself within the nest. If I expand the nest and apply the effect it doesn't work with transparency + stroke settings.

I have tried adding key frames to the start and end of the effect to change the colour of the outline from white to red. I can see it as white in the effects panel and as I scroll through the clip, see it change gradulally to red. It looks like the effect duration is applied to the whole sequence.  The paint bucket outline only appears after a second or so. When it appears, the outline is already a light red. If it was bright white I could understand the effect but a different length but as it has already change colour doesn't it mean that the effect length is the same as the sequence?

You say to check the effect length - how do I do that?  Apologies for the noob questions!

Here's another YouTube video on me trying to apply the effect, but getting the same visble / non-visable effect result.

https://youtu.be/uEQ8KsgGB8M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines