• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro partially unresponsive to keyboard / mouse

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update, I had trouble with zooming (strg + / strg -) in a couple of Adobe apps, but my most pressing thing currently is Premiere Pro:

The Project Window is not responding to keystrokes/keyboard shortcuts at all; also I cannot drag and drop (e.g., elements into a folder or such) – but right mouse button still works.

In the Source and Program Windows: also no keyboard response (space for play, i/o for setting in/out …)
BUT: When focusing the Timeline Window, keyboard response DOES work as expected (space for play etc.)

I have deinstalled, used the cleaner tool, reinstalled – no improvement.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

According to Adobe support, it is an issue of version 14.5 when using multiple screens. The non-functionality occurs not in relation to app windows, but on which screen the app window is appearing. Can be solved by downgrading to 14.4 or resetting user prefs by removing/renaming both folders [on Windows] %appdata%\Adobe\Premiere Pro and Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum: Apparently, this "cleaned" install was not as clean as expected – in Premiere (and only there) I have retained my workspaces and export settings – or are those saved with the project?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Has the option to edit posts been removed here, too?)

Correction: the Project Window does respond to at least some keystrokes: shift and strg while selecting multiple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to Adobe support, it is an issue of version 14.5 when using multiple screens. The non-functionality occurs not in relation to app windows, but on which screen the app window is appearing. Can be solved by downgrading to 14.4 or resetting user prefs by removing/renaming both folders [on Windows] %appdata%\Adobe\Premiere Pro and Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines