• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro performance on Mac M1

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having seen the great performance of LR 4.1 on my Mac M1 AIR (with 16GB RAM) -  I was shocked at how unusable Premiere Pro is in contrast - I mainly work with 4K files.

I have watched and read almost all the articles on laggy performance of Premiere to no avail.

It seems to be a problem regardless of machine with Premiere.

Instead,  on the same M1, machine Final Cut Pro has been working flawlessly - I guess Apple has optimised it for the chip.  

I hope Adobe makes it a priority to make Premiere usable on the M1 chip.  If Apple can do it with Final Cut - Adobe should make the same effort.

Lumix S5, Atomos Ninja V
TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I tried looking at Rosetta,  I did install it but as yo uwill see from the screenshot - it is not available for Premiere unless I am doing somethign wrong.  Looks like Premiere is simply unusable on an M1 machine.

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 7.24.03 am.png

Lumix S5, Atomos Ninja V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines