Highlighted

Premiere Pro performance problems after updating to Version 14 (2020)

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been running Premiere Pro (CS6) on my PC for years without any issues. But after updating to Premiere Pro 14 (2020) the performance has dropped dramatically. Premiere can barely keep up the preview window while I move the play head. It also renders much slower and sometimes crashes, where it never would before in CS6. I’ve already updated to the latest version of Windows 10 as well as the latest display drivers for my GeForce GTX 680…..but the problem persists.

Any suggestions on what could be the problem?

TOPICS
Crash, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro performance problems after updating to Version 14 (2020)

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been running Premiere Pro (CS6) on my PC for years without any issues. But after updating to Premiere Pro 14 (2020) the performance has dropped dramatically. Premiere can barely keep up the preview window while I move the play head. It also renders much slower and sometimes crashes, where it never would before in CS6. I’ve already updated to the latest version of Windows 10 as well as the latest display drivers for my GeForce GTX 680…..but the problem persists.

Any suggestions on what could be the problem?

TOPICS
Crash, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 05, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that Adobe has really, really become very, very picky about the age of the core hardware in newer versions of Premiere Pro, and increasingly so over the course of the year 2020. You see, Adobe has begun to officially require newer hardware in order to run Premiere Pro properly beginning with the CC 2019 release in Fall 2018. And the newest Nvidia drivers now no longer support the first-generation Kepler GPUs such as yours for CUDA processing. You will have to roll back to a 440-series driver for that GPU, and also revert the installed version of Premiere Pro to 14.3.1 or earlier, in order for your PC to work properly (as 14.3.2 now requires driver version 451.77 or later to work properly). Version 450 introduced CUDA 11 drivers, which now no longer support the first-gen Kepler parts any more. With the newest 450-series driver, the display portion of that GTX 680 will work, but CUDA will be disabled.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 1