Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro pixel glitch appears after encoding

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I finally create a post because I have the feeling that I tried almost anything. I make guitar related videos on Youtube that I film with an Iphone 11 Pro in 1080p 60fps.

Since a few months now, everything is fine in Premiere until I export my file, nothing that I can see on the preview. As you can see on the exported file the image get pixelated for half a second and it goes back to normal. If I re-encode the video it still happens but in another place. It glitches between 2 and 5-6 times in a 11 minute video, it's random. As you can see it doesn't affect the letters or the added images.

186880311_2855210704700023_7034859998948968945_n.pngCapture d’écran 2021-06-01 à 16.00.21.png

I am currently using a Macbook Pro Retina 13" early 2015 Big Sur 11.3.1

Processor : 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7 dual-core

RAM memory : 16 Go 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphic Card : Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 Mo

The latest encoding settings that I've used are those :

Capture d’écran 2021-06-01 à 16.08.08.png

Capture d’écran 2021-06-01 à 16.08.21.png

Capture d’écran 2021-06-01 à 16.08.27.png

Capture d’écran 2021-06-01 à 16.08.32.png

Sorry it's in french "Codage matériel" means "hardware encoding".

I've tried every encoding settings that I could think of : encoding in H265, VBR, CBR, lowest Mbp/s possible, software encoding, hardware encoding, no render at maximum depth, clicking on corresponding sources, different presets. I've tried all those things in Premiere 14.0 ; 14.7 and the latest version. I've even changed the "temporal interpolation" (bottom of the first settings pic) even if I don't know what it does lol. I've tried to change the settings on my Iphone to film in HEVC or in Quicktime, the glitches appear in both cases.

If their is a solution it's out of my small field of knowledge, the only thing that I can notice is that there's a small difference between Source fps (59,963) and Output fps (59,94). I don't know if it can cause the issue. Maybe the problem comes from my Mac's hardware. If so I am in trouble because I can't change it right now and I don't want to start to use Final Cut, I really like Premiere.

Thanks in advance to everyone who will try to help !

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up, Please anyone have an idea ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Thanks for the detailed post. Which version of Premiere Pro are you using? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-premiere-pro-you-re...

Let us know. Happy to help.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika thanks for you answer.

I am currently on the 14.7.0

But as I mentioned it happened on the 14.9 too 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the details. Have you considered updating Premiere Pro? 

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump !

I still have no solution. If someone has an idea of what's wrong...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Pretty strange but I would say that it come from the variable frame rate of your Iphone. Normaly, you must record a video with a constant frame rate and most phones now to preserve memory card space or bandwith to upload videos, are recorded with variable bit rate and " might " be the issue here.

Try something. Open Adobe Media encoder and place one of your iPhone video in the Queue. Choose H264 and change the frame rate to 60 fps. Add _CFR at the end of the file name to recognize it easily. Render it.

Import this rendered file in Premiere. Use it in an editing like you would and then render it as you would also. Is there still glitches ?

Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard, ok I will try that asap. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines