Highlighted

Premiere Pro - Playback Error - Clip w/ Crop and zoom blows up on Playback

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding a Crop effect w/ zoom enabled to a clip that's scaled down, the image blows up on playback and scrubbing. Moving clips around sometimes helps, but now it's consistent. Starting to get really annoying. Working on a multivideo grid-style project.  Gonna be using this effect a lot on this, so any fix/effecient workaround would be very helpful right now.

If it matters--

Running Premiere Pro 14.3

CPU: AMD 3900X

GPU: RTX 2080 ti

64 GB RAM

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro - Playback Error - Clip w/ Crop and zoom blows up on Playback

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding a Crop effect w/ zoom enabled to a clip that's scaled down, the image blows up on playback and scrubbing. Moving clips around sometimes helps, but now it's consistent. Starting to get really annoying. Working on a multivideo grid-style project.  Gonna be using this effect a lot on this, so any fix/effecient workaround would be very helpful right now.

If it matters--

Running Premiere Pro 14.3

CPU: AMD 3900X

GPU: RTX 2080 ti

64 GB RAM

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the poor experience. Have you tried clearing the cache and checked if it's helping? If you are still experiencing the issue try switching the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and check if it restores the preview.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that's the first thing I tried. Also tried switching the engine and it's fine there, but when I switch back to CUDA it's still present. I'd also rather avoid as much as I can to switch to Software only because I get red-lined on my sequence and the playback is awful even at low-res.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0