• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Playback Issues

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I wish you all a good day.

Let's proceed to my problem. I am working with this on daily basis. When "editing" I don't really apply any LUTs or some special effects, all I do is square masking the webcam (in opacity), throwing it's layer on top of the gameplay and then hundreds of cuts. That's when the real show starts! 
after 10 minutes(of "edited" video), 50 cuts. I press the Space, Premiere won't start the playback for about 3 seconds, then it starts. 
25 minutes, 80-100 cuts. I press space, Premiere won't start the playback for like 10 seconds.
At this point, when I pause the playback, press C, hold shift and click so I do some more cuts, timeline and whole Premiere gets laggy for a moment and after that I have to wait like 10 seconds for playback. 
"Yeah, 10 seconds, that's nothing." It may be, but when you  multiply it by at least hundred times, it is quite some pain. 

One thing I've seen in task manager was my CPU getting up from like 20% to 65% utilization right at the time between me pressing the Spacebar and playback starting to play.

I tried pre-render whole timeline, after the 25th or so minute mark, so I could cut things more easily, but it didn't really help. 

Client sends footage from OBS,
Webcam 1280x720 and 50fps [Roughly 5Mbps bitrate, H264(High @L3.2)]
Gameplay or screen in general is 1920x1080 and 60fps [Roughly 7Mbps, H264(High @l4.2)]

My PC Specs: 
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
nVidia GTX 1070
32GB RAM (2x16gb 3200mhz cl 16)
M.2 SSD

Any ideas what should I do with it? 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it may be that your source has a variable frame rate

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-issues-with-screen-recorded-footage-in-premiere-pro/...

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly is that whether it's variable or constant written? 
Here's what it shows to me: https://ctrlv.cz/QdCT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes: https://ctrlv.cz/Pcjd
Now I see, alright, I'll try handbrake, hope it doesn't mess up audio and video sync. 

But there's one problem, it's there cause I remuxed it from flv to mp4 through OBS. When I was getting MP4 directly, without any remux, it had constant framerate and I was still having the same issue with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry. What I sent was just that the last file was indeed Variable Frame Rate.
But the thing is, we switched to .flv and then remuxing it through OBS, because some internet thing said it might help. It didn't. Before that it was all MP4 and Frame Rate was constant on that, I checked through the MediaInfo yet it was problematic. 

Thanks for your patience and sorry for sending those links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was when I started trying to solve the problem. This is the "gameplay" footage.
So it isn't because variable frame rate, I guess. 😞
IkkiDemois_0-1603905788036.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 7 kb/sec bit rate seems problematic to me. Sadly, I don't know an easy way to fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into MediaInfo's Tree View option.

You'll see something like below.

Neil

MediaInfo TreeView.PNG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem still isn't solved. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines