Highlighted

Premiere Pro Playhead and frame drag lag

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2020-07-17 om 17.35.23.png

At my office there are a bunch of 2017 iMac Pro's running the latest Premiere Pro version on the (almost) latest version of macOS. For some reason Premiere runs so bad and laggy on these machines and I can't find out what the problem is. In the video attached you can see the problem, and that's just 1 clip that is stored on the local drive in the iMac. It can't skim through the clip smooth, dragging the clip is laggy and the playhead moves with about 2 fps. When I work on bigger projects from external SSD's the problem is even worse. Working with the same files/projects on my own 2015 MacBook Pro works like a treat. How can this iMac Pro have so much trouble with running Premiere? 

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro Playhead and frame drag lag

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2020-07-17 om 17.35.23.png

At my office there are a bunch of 2017 iMac Pro's running the latest Premiere Pro version on the (almost) latest version of macOS. For some reason Premiere runs so bad and laggy on these machines and I can't find out what the problem is. In the video attached you can see the problem, and that's just 1 clip that is stored on the local drive in the iMac. It can't skim through the clip smooth, dragging the clip is laggy and the playhead moves with about 2 fps. When I work on bigger projects from external SSD's the problem is even worse. Working with the same files/projects on my own 2015 MacBook Pro works like a treat. How can this iMac Pro have so much trouble with running Premiere? 

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 17, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Please do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.
Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0