Highlighted

Premiere Pro preview glitch on .jpg still images while on OpenCL

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

when I import a jpg image to my timeline, there these strange glitches and I can not seem to get rid of them. When I switch renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only the issues disappears - so it has to do something with the graphic card I guess?? I´m running on Radeon RX 5500 XT. And yes I tried updating the driver, re-installing the driver, rolling back the driver, installing a 2019 driver... nothing helped. What is wrong? 😞 Thanks.

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 - F__Projects_CJV12 prezentace_Project Files_CJ12 prez.prproj _ 20.06.2020 7_07_33.pngAdobe Premiere Pro 2020 - F__Projects_CJV12 prezentace_Project Files_CJ12 prez.prproj _ 20.06.2020 7_08_03.png

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro preview glitch on .jpg still images while on OpenCL

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

when I import a jpg image to my timeline, there these strange glitches and I can not seem to get rid of them. When I switch renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only the issues disappears - so it has to do something with the graphic card I guess?? I´m running on Radeon RX 5500 XT. And yes I tried updating the driver, re-installing the driver, rolling back the driver, installing a 2019 driver... nothing helped. What is wrong? 😞 Thanks.

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 - F__Projects_CJV12 prezentace_Project Files_CJ12 prez.prproj _ 20.06.2020 7_07_33.pngAdobe Premiere Pro 2020 - F__Projects_CJV12 prezentace_Project Files_CJ12 prez.prproj _ 20.06.2020 7_08_03.png

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guessing Pr has an issue with the card.

Try resaving the jpeg in Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How am I suppose to resave every single jpg that I use in premiere ever? It is not doing on just one jpg. Plus just tried it, does not work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try just one image and see if that will work.

If so you can batch save in Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I said it doesn´t help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that you updating, removing, rolling back, reinstalling driver from windows directly. It is recommended that you download the driver from the AMD website, I believe also uninstallers would exist there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloaded the updates and downgrades from amd website.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does look like it's your graphics card. What version of PP? 14.3 is the latest. Be sure to test on that if you have not. A clean install of the graphics card driver. Removing PP, running the cleaner tool and then resinstalling could possibly help. Installing 2019 if you like, see if you get same result. (You don't have to remove 2020 to do that. Otherwise if you have a google drive or onedrive type thing you can upload and actual problem JPG and we can try it on our systems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running PP14.0 ... I installed 2019 and the issue doesn't occur there!! so that's some good news thanks... however in PP14.0 the issue persists, I uninstalled/reinstalled everything like twice now...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1n0ObYl5QD59-azL7cmtYKeE8fahCgqPp?usp=sharing

I uploaded two files that I have this issue with and two that are ok ... (in the filename it says whether it is faulty/unfaulty). The pictures still glitch even if I resave it with different compression in photoshop...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
MyerPj LATEST
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's good it works in 2019, but there is something interacting incorrectly with your hardware in 2020. I put those images in and they all played correctly. I dropped it in over a 1080p file of 8mm movie film, and I saw at first some fraying around the edges of the baby picture, but then realized it was coming from the 8mm film clip. I put them all on the timeline and all was well and also stacked them for a 4-way split screen, that's the picture below. I'm running Win 1909, PP 14.3. GTX1070 video card. I'm not sure where to go for you... other than the standard stuff, really, it looks like a driver issue. It would be cool if you could swap in a different video card. Like a 1070 or an RTX 2060, etc.

JPG Test.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines