Highlighted

Premiere Pro, Preview window not displaying in 60fps

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I import a clip that is 1080p 60fps and when I drag it into the timeline it is only showed/played in the preview window at 30 or so fps. I tried changing the sequence, my computer is plenty fast enough, and even when I exported the video it came out at 60 fps, it is only in the preview window or source window that it plays at around 30 fps and I don't know how to get it to view at the full 60. If I go the clip's preferences it even says it is 60 fps, but it does not playback as so in premiere pro. PLEASE HELP.

TOPICS
Editing, Export, How to, Import, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro, Preview window not displaying in 60fps

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I import a clip that is 1080p 60fps and when I drag it into the timeline it is only showed/played in the preview window at 30 or so fps. I tried changing the sequence, my computer is plenty fast enough, and even when I exported the video it came out at 60 fps, it is only in the preview window or source window that it plays at around 30 fps and I don't know how to get it to view at the full 60. If I go the clip's preferences it even says it is 60 fps, but it does not playback as so in premiere pro. PLEASE HELP.

TOPICS
Editing, Export, How to, Import, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wondering what the refresh rate of your monitor is?  Also, is the sound playing properly?  When you say preview window, do you mean the program monitor?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My monitor has a 144hz refresh rate and I did check and make sure it is displaying as so. Yes, I do mean the program monitor, and yes the sound sounds just fine. The clips were recorded gameplay at 60fps with no lag, when I export it plays at 60fps with no lag, but in the program monitor it is playing back at 30fps ish and it makes it hard to edit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

usually screen captures are variable frame rate which can cause issues that are hard to predict.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-issues-with-screen-recorded-footage-in-premiere-pro/...

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using handbrake and converted it to a constant frame rate and that did not work, the video file when played in windows media player is in 60fps, as how it was recorder, but again when I put it into premiere and play it back it plays at 30fps, and it did the same thing after doing what you said in handbrake. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0