• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Proxies are Playing Too Fast or 2x Speed

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with proxies within Premiere.

I have several 4K, 120fps, MP4 clips that I shot with my Sony A7sIII. I created proxies for these clips but when I play them back in the timeline the audio is normal but the proxy plays at 2x speed. At the end of the clip the video is just frozen with the last frame until the audio finishes. 

Here is my system: 

- Razer Studio Edition Laptop

- i7 Intel 10th gen processor

- NVIDIA RTX 5000 

- 32gb RAM

Things that I've already tried:

- Graphics card update

- Downloaded the most recent version of Premiere

- Created different types of proxies (h.264 & quicktime)

I need a solution asap because I have clients awaiting delivery of this project today. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Colton

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

What proxy setting did you use. Can you share a screen image of the specs of the origial footage and of the proxies? I guessing the proxies are at 60 fps, and not 120.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this: Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Input => select "No Input" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IDK how but it worked, Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What proxy setting did you use. Can you share a screen image of the specs of the origial footage and of the proxies? I guessing the proxies are at 60 fps, and not 120.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe I didn't think about that!prxie details.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I create proxies that are 120fps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either use 3rd party tools or try HEVC codec in ME. Cineform may also work, but I've heard it sometimes produces 119fps instead of 119.88, so be ware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it's a known isssue (unfortunately) that Premiere can't create 120FPS proxies currently. There are competing applications that would be able to do this for you but I'm assuming you'd prefer to keep everything tidy within Premiere.

You might have some luck interpreting your original footage at 60FPS instead of 120, then create proxies from there. Once the proxies are done and attached then double the footage speed inside your project / timeline.

Not an ideal solution but it might be a solve in this case? Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone for the help! I found a YT video that uses Shutter Encoder and it worked perfectly for me! Here's the link in case anyone else has this issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9eKsIJG-us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using interprete footage?

try creating your own proxy setting using AME with frame rate set to match source

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines