Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Quickly Increasing Ram Usage Bug 100 GB +

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! 

I'v been using Premiere Pro a lot before but not on this particular computer where it's new! And it is unusuable as the following bug with RAM i just can't figure out! 

After opening Premiere with any project, really busy, or totally blank, or even without opening anything Premiere starts eating Ram Memory from startup, it starts increasing memory usage! Watchingn activity monitor, in a steady phase it increases ram usage about 2 GB RAM per minute until it reaches 100+ GB and freezes most of the computer! It does this everytime when I start it up! Currently that means it works for about 15 minutes! 

I have searched everywhere but cannot find a soloution!

I'm on a Macbook Pro 2018 i9 32GB ram and using latest

Premiere Pro 14.9 (14.8 did the same thing) 

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's very unusual. Whenever I have strange things and I can't find an answer on the web, the usually it turns out to be something on my computer.

Does this happen if you don't load a project. Just open PP, you can close the home screen, and you be at PP w/out a project open. If that works, can you open a new project and then just sit there and it doesn't consume an ongoing amount of memory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines