• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro "Multicam auto switch" Plugin Search

Participant ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a multicam settings and/or plugin to help with some multi cam footage.

So Google Hangouts (and probably more video conferencing software) has this feature that makes a specific person who is talking the focus video. I was wondering if there is something like that for Adobe? I want to create a multi cam sequence, but depending on what audio channel is doing the talking, switch to that channel.

So if i have 2 videos in multicam sequence, if the audio in video 1 starts to get past a certain threshold, switch to that camera angle, until video 2 meets that threshold (and vice versa)

OR- if something like that doesnt exist, can you point me in the direction of making plugins so i can try creating it myself.

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
19 Comments
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is no conference software: hence no such feature.

Moved to Premiere Pro SDK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An audio filter applied to a clip, could detect level changes.

There is no API for an über effect to watch the audio levels of N clips (in a multi-cam sequence), nor for programmatic control of which camera is active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that something like that is not possible? or just does not current exist. I'm down to learn how to do it myself, (or some tools to help )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no API, today or planned, that would support the functionality you've described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, there's no API control for a multicam's active camera angles?  That seems odd.  Could you please log an official request for the API backlog? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, there's no API control for a multicam's active camera angles?  That seems odd.

No one's asked. Switching between cameras has heretofore relied on human input. Yes, I'll write it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to mention that I also would really like to have access to switching to specific multi-cam cameras using the API preferably Javascript. I was looking for a way to sync those edits with a web based app I'm working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noted!

The feature request is DVAPR-4207094, for anyone following along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chiming in to say that I too would love to see something like this.

(Not sure if this is the best way to upvote a feature request)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to see this feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm here because i've been looking for something like this that exists. This would be the most useful thing for so many people who create podcasts. The manual element can take up to 6 hours to do a 2 hour podcast. If a software could track the audio and switch cameras for you, podcasts could be done in 10 minutes. PLEASE ADD THIS OR HELP TO FIND A WAY FOR THIS TO WORK. Wow it would be one of the biggest time savers in video editing to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out AutoPod Plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Autopod now!. It is a gamechanger

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was extremely helpful. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep this is now what I use religously

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Fairly new to all of this and wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me. 

Recently started a podcast with my friend and we are both using Premiere Pro to edit down segments for Youtube / TikTok etc. 

We are currently using 1 camera and creating a multi-cam sequence, I.E we have duplicated the original file and then created sequences from that clip using zoomed angles etc. 

Currently I am then going through and splitting the clips down manually and assigning the relevant view to the clip, for example myself when speaking. 

I was interested in if there is anyway to do this automatically, for example, if I had an audio track for each person, could I use the audio as a trigger to swap the multicam view to the corresponding person, as opposed to doing them all manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Levi32210555w9fz,

Thanks for writing in. You are looking for a feature to automatically switch camera angle based on audio cues. Correct? That feature does not exist right now. There is a feature request thread here you can upvote: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-ideas/premiere-pro-quot-multicam-auto-switch-quot-plugin... Please upvote.

There is a third party plug-in that seems to do what you are asking for. Check it out here: https://www.autopod.fm/

I hope the info helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,