Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro ransomware warning

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

I use Acronis True Image for backup, and it includes Acronis Active Protection. When i started Premiere Pro (v 13.0) today a warning from the Active Protection popped up, and it paused the start up of Premiere Pro. The warning said 'Possible ransomware detected'  and 'Acronis Active Protection paused the program that modified your files.File content has been changed by using a known suspicious pattern'. it listed 7 affected files:

\Settings\EssentialSound\Default\sfx\(Config).essentialsound

\Settings\EssentialSound\Default\music\(Config).essentialsound

\Settings\EssentialSound\Default\generic\(Config).essentialsound

\Settings\EssentialSound\Default\ambience\(Config).essentialsound

\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\PremierePro\13.0\DebugDatabase.txt

\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\opm.db

The Active Protection dialogue gives me 2 options:

Trust. This program will be added to the whitelist

Block: This program will be added to the blacklist and affected files will be recovered.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? What is your advice about the 2 options?

thanks very much

Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

if you have installed Premiere through the Creative Cloud install, you should be safe.

To communicate with some external components (such as Audition, After Effects, Photoshop), Premiere uses as tcp-ip protocol that can raise alerts with security programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i have installed it through CC. Thank you yenaphe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I installed the creative suite via CC app. I've emailed Acronis True Image support to see if / how I can be sure that these files are safe. I've asked Acronis if this is a false positive and waiting to see what they are saying. It's only started happening this week, which is what is concerning me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC files are constantly scanned by some of the most daunting protection software out there. They routinely pass muster for large companies especially the movie houses that are rather paranoid about attempts to access their systems.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Creative Cloud and Acronis True Image. I guess not bad, but Adobe or Acronis (or both) should find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please help!

I have original Premiere Pro installed and ransomware warning was advised. 

The problem is when I get to open the premiere its already crashing. I tried to reinstall, install older version but still crashing. 

Anything that I can do to have Premiere Pro work?

Vlad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines