Premiere Pro Refusing to play clip sporadically / lagging so hard it's impossible to edit.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere pro is lagging so much I cannot edit. It also wont play 90% of the time when I hit play.

- I lowered the quality of the playback to 1/4 even though I actually need it at at least 1/2 to be able to notice if my footage has any issues with it

- I cleared the media cache

- I prioritized premiere pro giving it almost all of my computer's energy 

- I reset my workspace

- I updated my computer's software

- I took almost everything off of my computer hoping that it would help premiere pro run better

I have wasted the entire day trying to get premiere pro to BARELY do its job (you know, of video editing...or even the ability to play a video)

- I have now uninstalled premiere pro (was using 2020 14.5 apparently) hoping by going to a different version it'll be less glitchy or problematic

- I have watched youtube tutorials say contradictory information telling me to switch settings to one thing, doesnt fix the problem, switch it to the opposite of that, doesnt fix the problem

- apparently i have a new good apple macbook so i doubt i dont have the "right computer" but maybe my settings are problematic and i have not figured out the settings which will allow premiere pro to work

- my computer is running perfectly fine so it seems to be premiere pro that is the issue 

Please help me fix this issue so I can do the basic task of playing and editing my video.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro Refusing to play clip sporadically / lagging so hard it's impossible to edit.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere pro is lagging so much I cannot edit. It also wont play 90% of the time when I hit play.

- I lowered the quality of the playback to 1/4 even though I actually need it at at least 1/2 to be able to notice if my footage has any issues with it

- I cleared the media cache

- I prioritized premiere pro giving it almost all of my computer's energy 

- I reset my workspace

- I updated my computer's software

- I took almost everything off of my computer hoping that it would help premiere pro run better

I have wasted the entire day trying to get premiere pro to BARELY do its job (you know, of video editing...or even the ability to play a video)

- I have now uninstalled premiere pro (was using 2020 14.5 apparently) hoping by going to a different version it'll be less glitchy or problematic

- I have watched youtube tutorials say contradictory information telling me to switch settings to one thing, doesnt fix the problem, switch it to the opposite of that, doesnt fix the problem

- apparently i have a new good apple macbook so i doubt i dont have the "right computer" but maybe my settings are problematic and i have not figured out the settings which will allow premiere pro to work

- my computer is running perfectly fine so it seems to be premiere pro that is the issue 

Please help me fix this issue so I can do the basic task of playing and editing my video.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, i was looking everywhere for more than 2 days and still my playback freezes on a certain point

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 1