Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Rename Clip names reset back to original name

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have the problem, that whenever I rename my clips (in the project window), at some point while moving the project between editors, those renamed clips gather their original names. Did you see this happen in your projects as well?

Does this have something to do with corresponding proxy files?
I am very desperate about this since my entire project depends on scenes and cuts that I embed in the clip name according to our shot list and recording plan.
Do you have any idea how to solve this?
Yours Niklas

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card

and source properties and sequence settings.

If you move the project back to the original editor do your renamed clips reappear?  Are all the editors on the same OS?

What if instead of renaming the clips you put the information in one of the other columns in the bin.  I'm not on my premiere system now, but I think there are columns for notes and description or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for your fast reply!
My System:
i7 8700k, 2080 Ti, 64GB RAM.
Source is 4K60 and FHD 120p, 1Dx2 and 5DIV Canon AI footage. All editors have same OS; i suspect reconnecting original footage to the proxy files is the problem. My editors only work with proxy files for ease of transfer since all footage has to go online - with 250+ GB it's fairly impossible though....
I had the issue on my side as well when I reopened the project file.
I wonder if any description would get lost as well since it's part of the metadata anyway. But thanks for the idea, i will try it anyway.

Yours Niklas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wondering if this could be a permissions issue on the media drives so that the metadata is not updating properly when you change the name of the clip within premiere...   

Are your editors actually working with the media as proxies or just relinking to the proxy files?  I'd suggest relinking to the proxy files not attaching them as proxies and see if that makes a difference.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines