• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro repeats video at certain points

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright so I'm doing a video and for some reason in one specific place on the video it basically restarts the video, but the audio keeps playing like normal.. so the video will play, then for example when it gets to 15 seconds in, the video restarts to the first second, but the audio plays like normal. I know it's not anything I did because it does that when i first put the video on and i dont even have to touch anything, and the weird thing is that it's completely random, like sometimes it do it right after I clip a portion of the video, sometimes it will work after that. Sometimes it will do it directly after importing the video, other times It will work. I feel like it's completely random, if it helps i have these specs:

I7 8750H

16gb ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You dont say what kind of media is used.

If its H.264 might want to consider proxies

16 gig is bit on the low side. At least 32 or better yet 64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to this, and the video is already h.264. Ill have to research what proxies are in terms of video editing..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like proxies worked, but now when I edit the scaling for the video or zoom in on certain areas, it completely screws up everything when I go to the original video, because I'm changing the scale and everything on the proxy and not the original video. So I just wanted a bunch of time doing motion effects on the proxy and when I checked the original video it was all sorts of screwed up. Any way around this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the native Premiere Pro proxy process, scaling won't change between proxy and original.

Work offline using proxy media |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much guys! You're all awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey i got the same problem with EVERY single video media ! .MOV or .MP4 etc... Since yesterday... And i can't seem to find someone who has a solution, such a pity because i got work to do !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue now!! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MissMadeline,

I would suggest first trashing preferences ...

Trashing Preferences: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2126506

Then completely delete the cache/cache database files ... you can find the locations in your Project Settings and Preferences dialog boxes, and here's a thread on this ...

Delete/Trash Media/cache files: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2152942

And if that doesn't fix this, create a new project file. From the Media Browser panel in Premiere, navigate to the older project file and import the sequences from it into the new project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! I tried those and none of them worked, but I ended up converting every single one of my .mov files into .mp4 and somehow that worked?! Thank you for the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It happened to my laptop also, and yet i have not found any solution to slove that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines