Premiere Pro Ruins Color of Footage from iPhone 12 Mini

Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I filmed footage on my new iPhone 12 today. Airdropped it to my mac from my iPhone - the color looks the same as it did on my phone in QuickTime. I import the footage into Premiere Pro and all of a sudden it's super washed out. How can I stop premiere from doing this? or how can I color correct in premiere so it looks at least kind of like the footage originally did?

The screenshot on the left is the original footage and the screenshot on the right is the footage in Premiere Pro.

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 7.34.27 PM.png

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro Ruins Color of Footage from iPhone 12 Mini

Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I filmed footage on my new iPhone 12 today. Airdropped it to my mac from my iPhone - the color looks the same as it did on my phone in QuickTime. I import the footage into Premiere Pro and all of a sudden it's super washed out. How can I stop premiere from doing this? or how can I color correct in premiere so it looks at least kind of like the footage originally did?

The screenshot on the left is the original footage and the screenshot on the right is the footage in Premiere Pro.

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 7.34.27 PM.png

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 18, 2020 0
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try exporting it as the same format as it was originally from premiere and see how it looks on your mac.  If it looks the way it did originally, you've got what you started with.   Premiere didn't ruin anything, it just displayed it differently.    The way different devices and programs display color is a very complicated subject...  There are professional broadcast standards which are constantly evolving and apple may or may not be choosing to obey them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0