Highlighted

Premiere Pro running slow during playback

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X (Water cooled by a Corsair H60)

32GB Dual-channel 3200MHz

GTX 1660 Super

1TB Western Digital HD

250GB Western Digital SSD

My sequence consists of 4k footage with some effects like gaussian blur, time remapping, warp stabilizer, and some color grading. I also have a couple dynamicly linked compositions in there. When i scrub through my timeline it's extremely unresponsive, sometimes it can take up to 10 seconds before my clip load. Im working with a relatively complex timeline, maybe 20-25 video tracks (most of them are hidden while working, I just like to line up all my clips and sync everything up). I just recently upgraded my cpu form a ryzen 5 3600x to the ryzen 7 3800x expecting a decent difference because of the upgrade in core count but basically nothing happened, I also thbought it could have been a cooling issue so i swapped out my stock cooler for an AIO. Still nothing, so I upgraded my ram from 16GB to 32GB... still nothing really changed. At this point im considering a change in gpu's but maybe the cpu still isn't good enough? Maybe a ryzen 9 3950x? Also I check task manager while im scrubbing to see maybe something is bottle necking my editing but i don't see anything crazy.

I've tried proxies, 1/8 quality, pre-render, nothing is a legit solution to this issue. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Either way i just wanna fix this issue. Thxxx

(Im gonna attatch a couple screenshots of the task manager during editing and scrubbing and my timeline)

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro running slow during playback

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X (Water cooled by a Corsair H60)

32GB Dual-channel 3200MHz

GTX 1660 Super

1TB Western Digital HD

250GB Western Digital SSD

My sequence consists of 4k footage with some effects like gaussian blur, time remapping, warp stabilizer, and some color grading. I also have a couple dynamicly linked compositions in there. When i scrub through my timeline it's extremely unresponsive, sometimes it can take up to 10 seconds before my clip load. Im working with a relatively complex timeline, maybe 20-25 video tracks (most of them are hidden while working, I just like to line up all my clips and sync everything up). I just recently upgraded my cpu form a ryzen 5 3600x to the ryzen 7 3800x expecting a decent difference because of the upgrade in core count but basically nothing happened, I also thbought it could have been a cooling issue so i swapped out my stock cooler for an AIO. Still nothing, so I upgraded my ram from 16GB to 32GB... still nothing really changed. At this point im considering a change in gpu's but maybe the cpu still isn't good enough? Maybe a ryzen 9 3950x? Also I check task manager while im scrubbing to see maybe something is bottle necking my editing but i don't see anything crazy.

I've tried proxies, 1/8 quality, pre-render, nothing is a legit solution to this issue. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Either way i just wanna fix this issue. Thxxx

(Im gonna attatch a couple screenshots of the task manager during editing and scrubbing and my timeline)

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also when I try to stop playback it can take up to 8 seconds to actually stop playing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to render out a bit of my work and my cpu hit 100% then about 5 minutes in, it crashed my entire pc and i got the blue screen of death. At this point it has to be the cpu bottleneck right?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0