• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro shows slow performance and laggy playback

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow my Premiere Pro is suuuuuper laggy. I can't really edit any video without it lagging to the extreme. Can someone pls help?

My specs are in the Picture. I have a GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio 8GB DDR6.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SueHTom,
Can you please upload and embed the image rather than attach it. My staff and ACPs will not download this stray file. Just click the "Photo" icon in the toolbar above to do that.

You did not mention the footage you are using. A lot of people these days receive H.264 footage to cut with. If you're new to editing, maybe you don't realize what you're getting into: Hell. H.264 or HEVC footage it's the worst stuff editors need to cut with. Handling this footage is akin to trying to cut steel with a butterknife!

So, you need to either have a much sharper knife (a more powerful computer) or you need to turn your steel into butter (transcode footage to something like ProRes LT or use the proxy workflow).

If you have such a computer system that is powerful, make sure you trash media cache, trash preferences, and place all media on a high speed SSD separate from that your OS is lying on, then relink. Besides meeting or exceeding system requirements, these three things solve 90% of all performance issues. Try them, and then report back.

Edit: I downloaded your specs. Your computer is powerful enough, but you do need at least one extra SSD connected via USB 3 or better and use that as your media drive not your OS drive. Not widely known, but unfortunately, crucial for proper configuration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines