• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro shutdown

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm angry at those ***********, cause my project was done and i was about to save it and then a ******* massage came on and i can't save it from beeing complete deleted! what the **** adobe?! ******* 15h of work and you don't have better things to do as to crash my project?! are you serious? damn i'm about to get in T-rex mode. I'm upset now! 

<edited by a moderator so it could be returned to the Premiere Pro board.  Ed note: Profanity, even disguised, is not permitted in this community.>

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to video lounge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Softwares crash, it's a fact, and it happens to any software. That's why all of NLEs, and other programs as well, have an auto-save feature embedded, so you don't lose hours of work. If you set up your system right, you'll lose a few minutes in worst case. Also, that is why most editors have the habit of CRTL+S every few minutes.

So you worked for 15 hours, and you were "about to save it"? Check your autosave folder, your best bet is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and just to add to these answers, you can set the location of your autosaves in the project settings: scratch disk and the interval between autosaves in preferences.  I set the autosave interval to 5 minutes.  the autosaves are usually so fast I hardly notice it happening.  And I strongly recommend that you keep your autosave folder on a different drive than the project file.  This way, if a drive crashes, you still have the project... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your project will have backups as Premiere creates backups in the background. They're usually in Auto-Save folder right next to your project file.

And, yes, software crashes. That's normal especially with Premiere or After Effects. These things happen. That's why I use Ctrl+S every now and then, just a second nature now after years of using adobe software 😉

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Christin,

I am so sorry you are experiencing difficulty. Have you found your Auto Save folder yet? Are there any backups there? Let me know. 

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines