Highlighted

Premiere Pro slicing up my Source files?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I'm currently trying to import some Source voice over I did in Audacity onto my timeline, and while it's mostly been smooth sailing, suddenly a handful of my audio files when brought up in the source window are compressed.  The file is still it's original length, but the actual audio itself has been smushed together into the first half of the clip, jump-cutting around, and then the second half of the clip is silence.    Why is this happening?? 

I checked the actual files themselves, and they're perfectly ordinary and functioning.  For some reason, Premiere is doing this. 

EDIT: I managed to solve my issue for those interested.  I had exported the Audacity files as MP3's.  I went back and Exported them all again as WAV's and everything seems in order. 

Topics

Audio, Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro slicing up my Source files?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I'm currently trying to import some Source voice over I did in Audacity onto my timeline, and while it's mostly been smooth sailing, suddenly a handful of my audio files when brought up in the source window are compressed.  The file is still it's original length, but the actual audio itself has been smushed together into the first half of the clip, jump-cutting around, and then the second half of the clip is silence.    Why is this happening?? 

I checked the actual files themselves, and they're perfectly ordinary and functioning.  For some reason, Premiere is doing this. 

EDIT: I managed to solve my issue for those interested.  I had exported the Audacity files as MP3's.  I went back and Exported them all again as WAV's and everything seems in order. 

Topics

Audio, Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mp3's are extremely compressed and are not recommended for editing...  but I guess you found that out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines